LION STUDIOS’ ULTIMATE GAME CHANGERS CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
The Lion Studios’ Ultimate Game Changers Contest (the “Contest”) is a skill contest sponsored by Lion Studios, LLC (the “Lion,” “we,” “our” or “us”). The Contest and all participants, entries and submissions are subject to and governed by these Official Rules (“Rules”).
By applying to and/or participating in the Contest, you agree to these Official Rules. Please read them carefully.
NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Winning a prize is contingent on entering into a publishing agreement with Lion, whereby Lion will publish your mobile application in the relevant platform store(s) and share in any potential revenue for the life of the mobile application.
Binding Agreement. You agree that submission of an Entry (as defined in Section 1 below) in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Lion with respect to the Contest. Lion will choose the winning entries, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Rules.
1. Contest Description.
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to submit a mobile app game during the period described below. For the purpose of this Contest, the app or apps you create and submit in the Contest will be called an “Entry.” Entry eligibility will be determined using the criteria in Section 4. All eligible entries received will be judged using the criteria in Section 6 and awarded prizes as described below.
2. Contest Dates.
Entries may be submitted to the Contest starting from June 24, 2019 at 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time and ending on August 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time (the “Submission Period”). Judging will commence after the end of the Submission Period and will end on September 16, 2019.
All dates and times are subject to change, in Lion’s sole discretion.
3. Eligibility Criteria for Contestants.
The Contest is open to residents worldwide who meet the following criteria:
- You are 18 years of age or older at the time of Entry. Age may be verified prior to awarding a prize.
- You have an app published on either the Google Play or Apple Store with fewer than 100,000 installs.
- You have not previously submitted an Entry.
- You are not a person that is or an entity that is owned or controlled by a person or entity that is: (i) the subject of any sanctions administered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or the U.S. Department of State or any other relevant sanctions authority; nor (ii) located, organized or resident in a country or territory that is, or whose government is, the subject of any sanctions (including without limitation Iran, Cuba, Sudan, Syria and North Korea); nor (iii) located in any jurisdiction where the Contest is otherwise prohibited or restricted by applicable federal, state, territorial, provincial or local laws, rules or regulations. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are legally eligible to enter the Contest and receive a prize under any laws applicable to you in your jurisdiction of residence or otherwise.
- You are not an employee of or an immediate family or household member of an employee of Lion or any of its affiliated entities.
4. Eligibility Requirements for Entries.
To be eligible for judging, an Entry must meet the following requirements (“Entry Requirements”):
1. Only one (1) Entry allowed per entrant (an entrant may be an individual or a business entity).
2. The Entry should include between one (1) and three (3) mobile applications on either the iOS or Android platform (each an “App”) and is classified as a “game” (i.e., as opposed to utility, travel etc.).
3. Each App submitted in an Entry has integrated the current AppLovin SDK available after signing up for an account at https://www.applovin.com into the App.
4. Entries that exploit bugs in any software, or otherwise violate the spirit of the Contest, will be rejected.
5. Entries that attempt to harm Lion or otherwise create an unfair advantage over other entrants will be rejected.
6. Entries cannot be in violation of any law, regulation or third-party rights.
By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent:
(a) that it is your (or your company’s) original work;
(b) that it has not been previously published, sold or submitted in any other competition, promotion, or contest;
(c) that it has not won previous awards;
(d) that it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and
(e) that it was not developed in any substantive form prior to the Contest, though ideation, research and material gathering are permitted.
Entries must not include information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory, threatening, trade libelous, slanderous, libelous, disparaging, unlawfully harassing, profane, obscene, pornographic, hateful, indecent, inappropriate or injurious to any individual, Lion, or any third party.
5. Submitting an Entry.
To enter, please complete the form available at https://lionstudios.cc/contest/.
All Entries must comply with the Entry Requirements set forth above.
You must have all necessary rights to submit your Entry to the Contest.
There is no fee for entry and no purchase necessary. Only fully completed Entries are eligible, in Lion’s sole discretion. All interpretations of these Rules and decisions made by Lion relating to the Contest are final and binding in all respects. At any time, in the sole and absolute discretion of Lion, Lion shall be entitled to disqualify you in the event of a failure to meet relevant eligibility criteria or any other violation or suspected violation of these Rules.
All information provided to register for the Contest must be true and correct. You are responsible for keeping such information up-to-date.
6. Judging Criteria and Winner Selection.
Entries that fail to meet the Entry Requirements by the end of the Submission Period will be deemed incomplete and, at the discretion of Lion, may be disqualified. All Entries will be evaluated on a per App basis according to the judging criteria as follows: (“Judging Criteria”).
- Stickiness of the App, measured by average user retention over day 1, day 3 and day 7.
- Popularity of the App, measured by the click-through-rate (CTR).
- Engagement with the App, measured by the conversion rate (percentage of users who install the App after clicking on an ad).
The decisions of Lion are final and binding in all respects. We reserve the right to disqualify any Entry at our sole discretion. For instance, if we believe that an Entry was submitted in bad faith, we may disqualify the Entry.
7. Winner Notification.
On or around September 16, 2019, we will complete the judging and determine the order or winners based on the criteria stated above.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the email address associated with your entry within seven (7) days following the selection. If we are unable to reach you, we may award the prize to an alternate selected contestant. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest.
If you are a potential winner and are a U.S. citizen, you must sign and return an IRS W-9 form, or if you are a foreign resident, an IRS W-8BEN form, within the stated time in order to claim a prize. In addition, except where legally prohibited, each potential winner must sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim its/his/her prize. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the applicable IRS form or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, we will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected in accordance with the Judging Criteria described above. Only two (2) alternate winners will be selected for each prize, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
Each of the top four (4) Entries will receive a cash prize as provided below. Each cash prize is contingent on you entering into a publishing agreement with Lion, whereby Lion will publish the App in the relevant platform store(s) and share in any potential revenue for the life of the App. The cash prize will be payable by Lion upon execution of the publishing agreement and the App going live in Lion’s account in the relevant platform(s).
- 1st Place: $150,000
- 2nd Place: $75,000
- 3rd Place: $50,000
- 4th Place: $25,000
Only one prize will be awarded per Entry and only one prize will be awarded for each entrant, regardless of how many Apps you submit. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. You may not designate someone else as the winner.
All prize details not specified in the Rules will be determined in Lion’s sole and absolute discretion.
9. Use of Entries.
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your Entry. However, by submitting your Entry, you:
- are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your Entry and all its content; and (ii) display, feature and publish your Entry and all its content in all media (now known or later developed);
- acknowledge and agree that winning a prize is contingent on entering into a publishing agreement with Lion, whereby Lion will publish the App in the relevant platform store and share in any potential revenue for the life of the App.
- agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above; and
- understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your Entry, other than what is described in these Rules.
If you do not agree with any of the above points, please do not enter the Contest.
10. General Conditions.
All federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations apply, and the Contest is void where prohibited by law. Lion reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if, in Lion’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or Lion. Lion reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, to suspend or cancel any portion of the Contest or alter the Rules for any reason, including but not limited to alteration or corruption of the administration of the Contest by computer virus, technical problem, electronic viruses, malicious software attacks, unauthorized human intervention, systems malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other causes and unforeseeable events beyond the control of the Lion corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play or conduct of the Contest. Nothing contained herein shall constitute this Contest to be an arrangement for employment, a joint venture, or a partnership.
Each prize will be taxable to the winner as income. All federal, provincial, territorial, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prizes not specifically provided for in these Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. United States residents will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Please contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
You agree to give your express consent for us to use and reproduce your name, likeness and/or image without additional compensation in any medium (including, without limitation, in print, via the internet, via email or in any other media now known or hereafter devised) for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in perpetuity without compensation or notification to or permission from you of any kind, except as prohibited by law.
14. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability.
THE CONTEST AND RELATED MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOUR USE THE CONTEST MATERIALS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LION DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF LION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST EXCEED $10. EACH PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THE CONTEST RULES THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS TO ALLOCATE THE RISKS OF THIS AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THIS ALLOCATION IS REFLECTED IN THE TERMS OFFERED BY LION TO YOU AND IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT AND THE CONTEST RULES WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY IN THIS AGREEMENT OR THE CONTEST RULES.
15. Warranty and Indemnity.
You warrant that your Entry is your own original work and, as such, you are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Entry and that you have the right to submit the Entry in the Contest and grant all required licenses. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Lion, its affiliates and their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any Entry or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance and breach by you of these Rules and the representations and warranties set forth herein; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to your involvement with the Contest; or (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or right of publicity.
16. Governing Law and Jurisdiction.
These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Any dispute between the parties will be resolved in the state or federal courts of California and the United States, respectively, sitting in San Francisco, California, except to the extent prohibited by applicable local law.
ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE CONTEST MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM AROSE; OTHERWISE, THE CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED, WHICH MEANS THAT YOU AND LION WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASSERT THE CLAIM.
17. Sponsor of the Contest.
Lion Studios, LLC
849 High Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301